2011 Pipeline Safety Forum
On April 18, 2011, U.S. Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood held a Pipeline Safety Forum with the goal of accelerating the rehabilitation, repair, and replacement of critical pipeline infrastructure with known integrity risks. This forum brought together pipeline safety experts, researchers, industry representatives, State partners, other Federal agency officials, and members of the public to share their expertise, experience, research, and ideas. Please reference the Pipeline Forum agenda for more information.
To view the Pipeline Safety Forum webcast, please click here.
Presentations From The Pipeline Safety Forum
- Panel 1: What Are The Highest Pipeline Risks?
- The Safety of Our System - Rich Worsinger, Director of Utilities, City of Rocky Mount, NC and Charles Dippo, Vice President, Engineering Services, South Jersey Gas
- What are the Highest Pipeline Risks? - Christopher Helms, Executive VP/Group CEO, Nisource
- Highest Risks on Liquid Petroleum Pipelines - Greg Smith, President, Shell Pipeline Company LP
- What are the Highest Pipeline Risks? - Carl Weimer, Executive Director, Pipeline Safety Trust
- Panel 2: What Are The Challenges and How Are We Addressing Them?
- Challenges and Solutions - Randy Gyory, Interim Executive VP/COO, Philadelphia Gas Works, PA and Susan Fleck, Vice President, Engineering, National Grid
- What Are the Challenges and How Are We Addressing Them? - J. Andrew Drake, Vice President, Spectra Energy
- Financial Challenges to the Liquid Petroleum Pipeline Industry - Harry Pefanis, President/COO, Plains All American Pipeline LP
- Challenges to the Liquid Petroleum Pipeline Industry - Harry Pefanis, President/COO, Plains All American Pipeline LP
- The Role of Research in Pipeline Safety - Cliff Johnson, President, Pipeline Research Council, International LP
- Panel 3: What More Can Be Done?
If you have any questions, feel free to email: email@example.com or call 202-366-4461.